Sunday 19 August 2012

Thing 12 - Putting the Social Into Social Media

Just a quickie as I continue to play catch up...

Reflecting on my progress with social media over the last couple of months, its been mixed.  I still haven't gotten round to signing up for LinkedIn - a combination of time constrainsts and it seems like the least pertinent of the 'new media' I've looked at.  I am, however, fairly addicted to Twitter.  I am trying to lurk less and contribute more - grasping the fact that someone out there just might be interested in my mild ramblings.  This is good timing as one of my objectives is to set up and run a twitter account for the LRC when I go back in September.  With that in mind I have been following a number of school library accounts (rather than simply librarians as I usually do) to see what is tweeted.  It is very interesting to see what different libraries retweet and push towards their students.  But I my main aim is to strike the note between pertinent and fun.  Watch this space to see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment